Welcome to the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria Online Driver’s Licence Eligibility Order Guide.

If you have lost your driver’s licence for drink and/or drug driving or been disqualified from obtaining a licence for another offence (e.g. assault or theft), this guide will outline what you are required to do to obtain a Licence Eligibility Order. It also outlines whether an Alcohol Interlock Condition may or must be imposed on your licence and for how long.

NOTE: If this is your first drink driving offence*, and either:
  a) your offence was committed before 1 October 2014 and your Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) was below 0.07%; or
  b) your offence was committed on or after 1 October 2014 and your BAC was below 0.10%
you are not required to obtain a court order to be re-licensed. Please contact VicRoads directly for further information about obtaining your licence on 13 11 71 or at the VicRoads website.

*does not include a combined drink and drug driving offence

To determine what you must do before applying to the court for a Licence Eligibility Order, you may be required to provide any, or all of the following information:

- What offence you were charged with;
- Date of offence;
- Your age and whether you were on P plates at the time of offence;
- Your Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) at the time of the offence (if applicable);
- For non drink driving or non drug driving offences (e.g. assault, theft):
  a) if the disqualification was made under s89A of the Sentencing Act 1991 (this should be noted on the court order);
  b) if a finding was made at the time of disqualification that the offence was committed while you were under the influence of alcohol, a drug, or both alcohol and a drug (this should be
      noted in the court order);
- If this was this your first, second, or subsequent offence**;
- If more than one offence, how many offences have occurred in the last ten years.

** When determining if this is your first, second or subsequent offence, you need to consider any previous drink driving, drug driving, combined drink and drug driving or other offence for which you lost your licence and a finding regarding contribution of alcohol, a drug or both alcohol and a drug was made.

If you do not know these details, and you lost your licence as a result of an on-the-spot infringement, the information required can be obtained from VicRoads, who can be contacted on 13 11 71 or at the VicRoads website.

If you do not know your offence details, and you lost your licence at a Victorian Magistrates' Court, the required information is available from any Magistrates' Court location.

For more information about Alcohol Interlock conditions, click here.

The contents of this website are intended as a guide only. The Magistrates' Court of Victoria shall in no event accept any liability for loss or damage suffered by any person or body due to information provided on this site or linked sites. The information on the Magistrates' Court of Victoria website is provided on the basis that persons accessing the website undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content.